If you own a garden, then you probably know how difficult it is to take care of it. Just like a child needs guidance and supervision at all times, so does a garden. A garden, after all, is no less than your own baby. Although a garden needs you throughout the year, it needs special attention during the monsoon season. Rain and dampness can cause a great deal of damage to delicate plants. And sometimes, problems like water logging can kill strong plants too. And that is why it is extremely important that you take good care of your garden during the monsoon season. Here are some care tips to help you make your garden a subject of envy for your neighbours. Have a look-
- To make sure your plants remain healthy throughout the monsoon season, you’ll have to check the drainage system around your house. Make sure there is no stagnant water around so that your plants stay away from problems like rotten roots. Monsoon is equal to heavy shower and all the water that your garden receives should be drained well.
- Earthworms are your plants’ best friend. They don’t just infuse nitrogen into the soil, but they also dig holes because of which the soil remains aerated. If you see their concentration in just one please, make sure you spread them throughout the garden.
- During the monsoon season, we should see to it that there are no deep pits around plants. Deep pits will hold the rainwater and cause the plants to rot.
- While choosing plants to grow during the monsoon season, you should be extra careful. There are many plants that cannot stand the wetness and dampness of this season. And they wither easily. If you are looking for the right plant to grow in the monsoon season, then it is none other than the Rajanigandha. Rajanigandha offers sporadic flowering up until December from the beginning of the monsoons.
- If you see toads and frogs in your garden, don’t shoo them away. They are your plants’ best friend, as they eat up all insects that hover around the plants.
- Although it’s not extremely important to use organic manure to grow flowering plants, still the use of chemical fertilizers should be minimum. Chemical fertilizers are not just harmful for edible plants but they are also harmful for ornamental plants.
- The monsoon season is all about water. So, there is no need to engage in separate watering of the plants. If, however, you find that the soil has become extremely dry, then do water.
- Immediately after the monsoon season, fresh shoots appear on the plants, after the process of pruning. It is this time, when pesticides should be used to keep the plants protected from pests.
Aren’t these some really amazing tips to care for your garden during the monsoon season? Well, why not! So, what makes you wait? Follow these tips and help your garden get healthy and more beautiful. If, however, you don’t own a garden, then the best way to have flowers at home is by means of online flower delivery in Jaipur.