Almost everybody deserves to have a garden of his own. The charm of a garden cannot be explained in words. Whether you have a large garden or a small one restricted to your balcony, the amount of pleasure it can give you is immense. But did you know it is better to grow plants from seeds than buying saplings from the market? Yes, that’s right! And here is how you can grow plants from seeds. Have a look-
- The first step is to find some pots or trays. You need one to sow your seeds. If you do not want to spend money on a tray, then you can also use a flower pot, a butter spread container or a cookie tin.
- The second step is to fill the container with seed compost. It is important to use sterile seed compost. If, however, you do not find it, you can make do with any other compost.
- Mix the compost with water to make its surface a little moistened. If you are using a watering can instead of a spray bottle, then you’ll have to see to it that the water coming out of it doesn’t flood the compost.
- Now, it’s time to spread the seeds evenly over the compost. If the seeds are large, you can bury them a little deep into the soil. But if the seeds are small, then refrain from doing so, as the soil will smother the seeds.
- To make sure the seed tray doesn’t dry out, you will have to cover it properly. This is done also to keep the seeds in dark, so that their germination takes place without hassle.
- Don’t place the seed tray in a cold place. Try to keep it in a warm place. Seeds need a temperature of above 18 degrees Celsius for germination.
- The day the seeds germinate, you can uncover the tray. In the tray, you will see pretty little seedlings which now need light for growth.
- Once you notice true leaves coming out of the seedlings, you can transplant them into plant trays or other individual pots. Make sure the compost has been watered before you have carried out the transplantation.
- If the sunshine is intense and the weather is dry, you will have to keep the seedlings that you have transplanted in the shade. You will have to keep the seedlings like that for around a week, until you see roots growing into the new compost.
- If the roots of the plants have begun to come out of the bottom of the pot, then it’s time you plant them out to their final destination.
Now, that you know how to grow plants from seeds, there is no reason why you should look for potted plants in the market for purchase. All you need is to do some labour to get beautiful and healthy plants, which will enhance the beauty of your garden. If all that seems like a hassle, then ordering flowers to decorate your home would be the best bet. For good quality flowers, you can go for online flower delivery in Jodhpur.