A butterscotch cake is relatively newer and fancy versions of cake which is loved by many. The cake is very moist and made of brown-sugar topped with butterscotch buttercream which is made of the melted butterscotch chips. The cake is further topped with some more butterscotch chips which make it absolutely drool-worthy. The butterscotch cake is soft, moist, and fluffy than others.
If you don’t have enough time to make the cake at home, you can order the butterscotch cake from online gift shops. The online cake delivery in Chittorgarh is possible even on the same day of booking across any part of the city. However, if you wish to surprise your friend or family with a hand-made cake, here’s a look at the recipe for a delicious butterscotch cake:
- For a butterscotch cake, you need to replace the white sugar with brown sugar. It is brown sugar that you find in a butterscotch sauce as well. It helps in enhancing the flavor of the cake.
- The other ingredient for the cake would be some butterscotch pudding mix which is added as a powder for some awesome flavor.
Ingredients for cake
- 2 and ½ cup flour
- 4 oz butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 and ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 and ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and ¼ cups milk
Ingredients for frosting
- 1 and ¼ cups unsalted butter
- 11 oz butterscotch chips
- 1 and ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 12 to 14 oz butterscotch chips for decoration
How to prepare the cake?
- Grease 3 cake pans with parchment paper in bottom and grease on the sides and preheats the oven to 176 degrees C.
- Mix flour, pudding mix, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Take a separate bowl and mix butter, brown sugar, and vegetable oil in a bowl and mix until it becomes fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extracts and mix until smooth.
- Add half of the dry ingredients in the batter and mix well.
- Now, add milk and whisk well. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter evenly in 3 pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the cakes and allow it to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- The next thing is to make a butterscotch frosting which is a mix of buttercream made with butter, powdered sugar, milk, and cream. You also need to add the melted butterscotch chips for heavenly tasting frosting.
- Spread 1 cup frosting on each cake and spread evenly.
- Now press butterscotch chips on the sides of the cake.
Whether it is a birthday or anniversary, you can go for online cake order in Ajmer and get it delivered along with a beautiful bouquet to make someone feel special.