Chocolate cakes are popular with people of all age groups. Be it for a birthday party, a casual get-together, or any festive occasion, eggless chocolate cakes are in great demand. And the absence of eggs in them makes them a go-to dish for a lot of vegetarians. Children often crave for chocolate cakes and if you are a mother and want to present a perfect chocolate cake to your kid, then you are at the right place. This simple recipe for chocolate cake is easy, quick and mouth-watering at the same time. It can be prepared at home without any hassle; you just need to follow the steps here-
Here are the ingredients-
- One and a half cup of maida.
- One fourth of a cup of cocoa powder
- One teaspoonful of baking soda
- Half a teaspoonful of salt
- One cup of good quality sugar
- One cup of water
- One third of a cup of oil (preferably light olive oil)
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
How to make the cake?
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius for around 15 minutes. Now, take an 8 or 9 inch-round cake pan and grease it lightly. Sprinkle a little flour on it or you can line it with a parchment paper.
- Now, take a large bowl and mix plain flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in it. Sieve the mixture a couple of times to make sure the flour is aerated. Then, add the sugar and mix well.
- Now, make a cavity at the centre and start pouring the wet ingredients like water, oil, vanilla and vinegar into this cavity, one by one. Take a whisk and gently mix all the ingredients well. Try not to over-mix.
- Now, gently pour the batter in the cake pan, and allow the batter to settle.
- Now, bake the mixture for around 25 to 30 minutes. And see midway if it is done. Insert a pointed tool in the middle of the cake and see if it comes out without batter stuck on it. If it is clean, the cake is completely baked.
- Once your cake is done, allow it to cool down for 8 to 10 minutes.
- As per your taste, you can frost the cake or sprinkle some powdered sugar over it. This chocolate cake tastes best with some chocolate syrup.
So, now you know how to prepare this delicious dessert, you should give it a try. This is simple yet awesome chocolate cake that will sure bring you accolades from your family and friends. There is no best time to have this cake. You can have it anytime you feel like. But if you are someone who loves to have a little dessert after dinner, then this cake is what you need on your dining table.
But in case, you are looking to get a chocolate cake from outside just to save yourself from the hassle of baking, then buy it online. There are lots of shops that offer eggless cake delivery in Jaipur.