Who doesn’t love chocolate truffle cake? Starting from children to octogenarians, almost everyone seems to be head over heels in love with this dessert variety. But because people think eggs are an extremely important ingredient in this recipe, vegetarians and those who avoid eggs stay away from this amazing dessert. If the store-bought varieties include eggs, then create your own chocolate truffle in just an hour. Don’t worry, the process is easy and you will enjoy making your own cake. Although there is no dearth of online cake delivery in Bikaner, there is a different fun altogether in making one on your own. So, without further ado, let’s check out the ingredients for this cake-
- You will first need around 150 ml of oil
- 275 grams of sugar
- Around 185 grams of condensed milk
- 375 grams of curd
- 375 grams of flour
- 9 grams of baking powder
- And 9 grams of baking soda
Here is what you will need for the sugar syrup
- Around 200 ml of water
- And around 200 grams of sugar
You will need around 250 grams of fresh cream and 500 grams of dark chocolate for the truffle.
Now let’s see how to make the sponge cake-
- Put floor, curd, condensed milk and sugar in a pan and whisk them together. Once the ingredients have mixed well, add oil into the mixture.
- Now put this mixture into a mould and bake it for around 35 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Once your sponge cake is done, let it cool for some time.
Here is how to prepare the truffle-
- For the truffle, you will have to grate or chop the dark chocolate and put it in a bowl.
- Now, put the cream in a saucepan and put it on flame to boil. This boiled cream now goes into the bowl where you have kept the chocolate. Whip these two ingredients together till the chocolate melts.
- Let it cool.
Here is how to make the sugar syrup-
- Put the sugar in the water and boil them together until the sugar completely dissolves. Strain using a strainer and keep it aside to cool down.
Now, let’s see how to assemble the cake-
- You will have to cut horizontal layers of the sponge cake. Make sure you have three layers at hand.
- Take a cake board and place one of the layers on it. Layer it with sugar syrup. Now pour the truffle on it. You will have to do the same with the other layers as well. Once you are done with the layers, apply the truffle on the top of the sponge cake as well as on the sides. Let the truffle set.
- Melt some truffle and pour it over the cake. Serve your desert only after refrigerating it.
This cake is just pure bliss. You can have it as an evening snack or after dinner as per your choice. This cake is so delicious you’ll hardly crave for anything else after you have it once.
If, however, you don’t enjoy baking, then you can also opt for cake delivery in Sikar.